It’s been a really long time since I updated this blog. And sure, I have tons of weddings & styled shoots I could add to this section of my website. But during this Covid-19 social distancing pandemic I am kind of just doing whatever I want, as I feel it. Because sometimes we all just need to do what feels good.
I had been looking forward to Nash turning one forever. When Annie turned one we threw her a massive party. I’m talking doggie bags, a dog cake, hot dogs on the bbq, family & friends invited with their pets, and so much more. So of course, I wanted Nash to get the same kind of party. But since we can’t currently have anyone over, and in an effort to stay home I was limited to use the decor I already had in my house rather than going to the store to buy stuff, this is what we came up with.
This party was SO easy to decorate, I had a lot of people messaging me about it so here are things things around the house I used.
- Balloons. Luckily I always have a large supply of balloons in my “prop basket”. So creating this balloon arch was easy, simple, and made an impact.
- House plants. Yup, since I couldn’t get florals I decided to just pull in some plants from around the house.
- Rugs & pillows. This was a no brainer.
- Makeshift table. I took a basket that we use for one of our plants, and unscrewed the top of one of our side tables to create this lower/coffee table for the pups.
- Paper crafts. Hellooooo, who doesn’t love crafting. These paper puppies and paper banner were so easy to create and helped set the tone!
- Friends. Since we couldn’t invite anyone over we decided to grab all the toys/stuffed animals around the house and invite them to the party.
- Treats. Okay yes, the chocolate cookies were not for dogs, but let’s be real Travis and I needed something to snack on! These delicious treats were actually from one of our favourite cookbooks by my dear friend Pam Rocca. And they are so easy to make so we didn’t have to go to the store to buy more stuff! The dog treats we picked up when we grabbed the dogs food for that month!
And that is basically it. It was super simple, and we like to believe Nash had a good time, after all when the photoshoot was over he basically slept like a dog for the rest of the day.
I hope you’re enjoying your time, staying home, social distancing, doing your part to help beat this! I’m thinking of all of you and cannot wait to see you on the other side of this.